The Web of Palliative and End-of-Life Care (PEOLC) Resources Online: Tips To Help Navigate a Trusted Resource for Alberta Health Care Providers, Patients, and Their Families
Back to Basics
When caring for palliative care patients and their families, online PEOLC resources are often needed in times of urgency and locating timely trusted information can be frustrating and time consuming. This 60 minute oral presentation will give health care providers (HCP) a live demonstration of the full suite of Alberta-based PEOLC resources; including what is available and how they are organized. Easy tips to help search and navigation will be offered.
Through live demonstration, navigate and provide information about:
• AHS Palliative and End-of- Life Care website
• Guidelines, policies and procedures, assessments, symptom management,
• Clinical Knowledge Topics: care of the imminently dying pathway, palliative sedation
• Programs and Services referral information including grief and bereavement resources,
• The Alberta Provincial Palliative and End-of-Life Care Framework
• NEW** Alberta Palliative Care Competencies
• Advance Care Planning/ Goals of Care Designation (ACP/GCD) with both HCP and My Health Alberta content
• ACP/GCD (eLearning module and new guidebook),
• FAQ and Clinical knowledge topic
• Patient and Family videos, ordering Green Sleeves
• COVID-19 resources,
• Connect Care - how palliative care tools, forms and resources are embedded
• Continuing Care Connection
Have a question about this session?
Speaker Evaluation Form
Pose your question to this session's presenter(s) by clicking the button below.