Building Capacity In Childhood and Youth Bereavement Supports - A Grass Roots Approach
Psychosocial / Spiritual & Wellness
Grass roots youth bereavement supports address the importance of providing alternative grief resources for the diverse needs of children and youth with loved ones receiving palliative care by:
• Understanding the impact of building community to reduce isolation in childhood and youth bereavement.
• Advocating awareness of the need for and availability of non-conventional childhood grief supports.
• Recognizing how the structure of a grass roots approach is effective in building capacity by addressing barriers to access.
Have a question about this session?
1) Understand the impact of building community to reduce isolation in childhood bereavement.
2) Describe challenges in creating awareness of the importance of and need for non-conventional childhood grief supports.
3) Recognize how the structure of a grass roots approach is effective in building capacity by addressing barriers to access.
Speaker Evaluation Form
Pose your question to this session's presenter(s) by clicking the button below.
Cancer-Related Bereavement Services: The Healing Hearts Group
This presentation describes the Healing Hearts Group, a psycho-educational and supportive intervention, for adults who have experienced a cancer-related death. The process of how the group is facilitated is described. The group has been offered successfully for the past three years to participants over a wide age range and from a diversity of backgrounds. Mixed methods evaluation research could be undertaken, with sufficient funding, using survey and focus group methodologies.